October 4-6, 2013
Omni Colonnade Hotel – San Antonio, TX
Applications from working voiceover industry professionals accepted starting in June, 2013
Participation is limited to the first 100 to qualify.
Never miss an important announcement!
Join our low-volume email newsletter list!
How it works:
Step 1: Complete the application
- Since FaffCon is put on by working VO pros for working VO pros, we confirm each applicants credentials before inviting them to register. So, even if we know you, the first step is to tell us a little about your professional self. We also use this info to help identify participants’ interests, needs, and areas of expertise.(If you’re very new or haven’t yet started your voiceover career, FaffCon isn’t right for you yet. We’d love to see you at Faff Camp, though! And we’ll look forward to welcoming you to a future FaffCon.
Step 2: The committee confirms your credentials
- The FaffCon Vetting Committee checks each application to confirm the applicants status as an actively working VO professional likely to both benefit from and contribute to FaffCon. Applications are processed in the order received. This is a time-consuming, manual process. Please be patient and allow us 72 hours to complete this step.
Step 3: Watch your email for the registration link!
- The moment the committee gives your application the nod, you will be sent a link and a password, which will allow you to securely complete your registration. Important: your registration is not confirmed until you compete this step and your payment has been accepted!
Step 4: Complete the registration form, remit payment
- Your registration is complete as soon you’ve remitted your registration fee. You should be taken to the payment gateway when you submit your registration form, but sometimes things go wrong with the software (Event Espresso). If you’re not asked for payment, please let us know!
- Once the registration fee has been paid, you’re a confirmed FaffCon participant!
- You’ll receive email confirmation and a receipt. Please hold off making any non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive this confirmation.
- Your participation is not confirmed until your application has been accepted, your registration form submitted, and your payment has cleared. Your spot cannot not be held awaiting payment clearance.
- All payments are processed securely through PayPal. You can use your PayPal balance, or pay by credit or debit card (PayPal account not required). No checks, please.
- Full participation in the event Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Field Trip and Dinner
- A well-loved FaffCon tradition, the FaffCon Friday Field Trip & Dinner, is an opportunity to get to know your fellow-Faffers, network, bond, and have a great time with colleagues and friends, old and new! (Don’t forget to check out the Field Trip page for details!)
Food and Awesomeness
- Dinner is included on Friday night. Catered lunches and a snack are included Saturday and Sunday. Awesomeness is sprinkled throughout the event.
The Standby List
- Once we’ve sold out (and we expect to sell out quickly. FaffCon 5 sold out in 7 hours) there’s still hope: the Standby List!
- People always ask whether it’s worth it to get on the Standby List. We know it might seem futile. But it IS worthwhile to get on the list–just ask any of the Standby Listers who’ve made it to the every FaffCon so far!
- FaffCon participants with a disability or impairment who would like to request accommodation may use the special needs request section of the FaffCon registration form, or may send a confidential email to <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=RFV2W0B4aUNTFQ4zbmFTaElYdw-3D-3D_19>. We strive to do everything we can to make all Faffers feel welcome. Please note that there may be an additional cost to the participant for some special need accommodations, including any dietary accommodations for which FaffCon incurs additional charges. We’ll disclose any potential additional costs well in advance.
Photography & Recording
- Because all presentations and associated materials are each speakers’ intellectual property, please refrain from recording Topic Sessions in any medium. Participants may not make a recording of any session in which they are not physically present, even with the speaker’s approval. FaffCon reserves the right to record and photograph participants for the express purpose of promoting future FaffCon events.
- Recording for any other commercial purpose is strictly forbidden.
Disclaimer of Liability
- By registering for FaffCon, you acknowledge that you are participating in FaffCon as your own free and intentional act and you hereby agree to hold FaffCon, its sponsors, its volunteers, Amy Snively, and anyone acting as her agent, harmless and indemnify them wholly and severally for any injury that you may suffer or damage that you may cause and give this acknowledgment freely and knowingly, assuming responsibility for your own well-being.
- FaffCon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or any other personal characteristic unrelated to professional qualifications as defined and determined by FaffCon policy set forth on this site.