Know Before You Go!
Important FaffCon 5 Final Details
It’s almost time, so here’s all the stuff you really need to know
all in one place!
Please read it, heed it, and email <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=fltHOWJbRwBrHi02XiJzbQ9VS3Yz_19> with any questions.
If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to choose your FaffCon lunch entrees. Email email@example.com if you need the link to the survey.
FaffCon 5 HQ:
Omni Charlotte Hotel
132 East Trade Street
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Self-Parking: $10 - Valet: $22
BONUS: If you join the (free) Omni Select Guest Program you’ll receive the following complimentary benefits during your FaffCon stay:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Service in Guest Room
- Complimentary Morning Beverage Delivery
- Complimentary Pressing (2 Items)
- Complimentary Newspaper of Your Choice Daily
- Complimentary Bottled Water (night of arrival)
- Evening housekeeping service, including turndown
- Plus you’ll begin earning points toward free nights!
Click here to sign up!
FaffCon On-Site Check-in
The Registration Table will be open Friday from 10:00am-2:00pm
You must wear your name badge at all times so…
- People can get to know you more easily
- You’ll always know where your tickets are
- You won’t miss anything because we sent you back to your room to get it!
- So, don’t lose your badge!
- Arriving late? No worries go here to find out what to do.
♥ Lauren McCullough, Associate Producer 570-856-0505
♥ Amy Snively, Producer 818-533-1269
What to Wear:
Currently the high will be about 70 F and the low will be around 50 F.
Be sure to double check the weather forecast on the FaffCon website to pack accordingly.
The whole weekend will be casual, but this is the most casual day of all! It’s a good day to wear your shiny new FaffCon T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. The walk to the NASCAR Hall of Fame is an easy .5 mile walk from our hotel, and we’ll be walking around once we’re there. Nothing too terribly athletic, but you’ll be happier if you’re not wearing stilettos.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY:
Casual to business casual; be comfortable. (I’m always afraid of using the term “business casual” to people who sometimes work in their underwear…) Layers are always a good idea; hotel meeting room temperatures tend to fluctuate.
What to Pack:
- Business cards (we suggest 100)
- 15-25 copies of any scripts or handouts you think you’ll need
- Phone, camera, computer, your charger, and your other charger
- Have a smartphone? Here’s some apps you can pack as well!
- Faffy always travels with a power strip and has never once regretted it!
- An open mind, a sense of humor, patience, and a willingness to share
From the Airport:
There are a few options available when traveling to and from the airport including taxis, a bus, and private town car service.
All the details are here.
Need a Cab?
(704) 334-6666 Crown Cab
(704) 333-3327 City Cab
(704) 444-4444 Yellow Cab
Friday Field Trip:
Meet in the lobby at 2:15 to leave for NASCAR Hall of Fame (But pick up your name badge and tickets first!) There will be 3 Field Trip Moms with signs who will lead the way. More details on the FaffCon Field Trip page. Get ready to start your engines folks!
NASCAR Hall of Fame
400 East Martin Luther King Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28202
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A sweater or light jacket (even though we’re in the South, it’s still October
- Business cards
- Cash for the snack bar
Friday about 5:30pm Carolina Ale HouseJust a short walk from the NASCAR Hall of Fame
(Field Trip Mom’s will lead the way)
201 South College St. Charlotte, NC 28244
FaffCon Opening Circle is Friday night!
o Head over to the Omni right after dinner.
o In Your Seat Prize Drawing at 8:00!
o A brief orientation followed by crowdsourcing the agenda for the whole weekend!
o Do not miss this!
Weekend Workout LIVE will be on Saturday Night
It was a huge hit in Ventura, and we’re excited for you to join us for Weekend Workout Live! on Saturday night.
(Exclusively for Voiceregistry Platinum members!)
Tips for Session Leaders & Attendees
Breakout Room AV Info
Attn: potential session leaders (which is everyone, by the way!) You really don’t need anything fancier than a brain and a friend to convene a session. However, here’s a quick rundown on the resources you will find in our breakout rooms.
Rooms A, B, C:
- Flip chart, markers
- Chairs in a circle
- Chairs in a semi-circle
- Projector screen
- Ben-Q MX613St DLP presentation projector
USB type A & mini-B
Component Video: D-sub 15 pin
S-Video: Mini Din 4 pin
Composite Video: RCA
- ·2 Microphones (on stands)
- Recording? BYO interface (MicPort Pro, etc.) and laptop loaded with the software of your choice
Charlotte, NC 28211
Charlotte Local Guide
Whether you’re getting into Charlotte a day early, or not heading home until Monday night we know many of our Faffers like to see the sights! Here’s a great guide put together by fellow Faffer Don Brookshire featuring some good eats, treats & sights to take in.
Each icon on the map is clickable, revealing a short guidebook entry, address, & contact information.
Questions? Email <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=fltHOWJbRwBrHi02XiJzbQ9VS3Yz_19> with any questions and someone will get back to you ASAP!
See you soon!